Earlier this morning it was reported that Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been completely destroyed. The vandalism was reported early Wednesday morning at about 6:00 a.m. The most infuriating thing about the entire incident is that the perpetrator is known and even though he intends to make over $1 million on the destruction of the star he has still not been arrested.

Officer Norma Eisenman with the Los Angeles Police Department says that the incident was first reported early Wednesday morning, but by the time officer arrived on scene the star was already demolished.

Trump was first given the star on Hollywood Blvd., near the Dolby Theater, back in 2007 for the work that he did on the hit NBC reality show "The Apprentice."

One of the employees that works security for one of the nearby businesses, Jamie Moreno, reported that a man with a sledgehammer came and smashed the Trump star completely vandalizing the entire monument. The man said that the vandalism was revenge for the women that have accused Trump of committing any wrongdoings towards them.

Video footage of the incident has been released and appears to show a man destroying the start with a pickaxe.

LAPD was able to recover a sledgehammer, a pick, and a vest were all collected at the crime scene, reports Officer Sal Ramirez, yet police have still not made any arrests.

Officials didn't reveal any suspects in the event, but rather said that the matter was still under investigation. It didn't take long for the one responsible to come forward and claim responsibility for the crime.

The man to come forward was none other than James Otis, an heir to the Otis family's elevator fortune. When CNN interviewed Otis and asked him why he committed the act, he claimed that he did it as some sort of act to help the women that have come forward claiming that Trump sexually assaulted them.

"I had four or five family members sexually assaulted, and I'm terribly upset that we have a presidential nominee who's become sort of a poster child of sexual violence," said Otis in the interview.

Even though it doesn't seem police are too keen on nabbing this deranged lunatic the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which oversees the Hollywood Walk of Fame, said that they would be replacing the star immediately and that they fully intend to press charges to the full extent of the law.

"When people are unhappy with one of our honorees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalize a California state landmark," said Leron Gubler, the agency's president.

"Our democracy is based on respect for the law. People can make a difference by voting and not destroying public property," Gubler continued.

This isn't the first time that outraged individuals have chosen to express their disdain by trying to vandalize this state monument.

In late July somebody erected a six-inch wall around the star to protests Trump's strong stance on immigration and his plan to construct a wall to help secure our borders.

To make matters even worse, Otis has revealed what he plans on doing with the broken pieces of the Trump star. Otis claims that he intends to sell the pieces of the star.

"I know I can sell it. I think I can get over $1 million for this star," said Otis. He says he plans to donate the money to the women who have claimed sexual assault against Donald Trump.

Take a look at the video of the vandalism here:

#Trump #LGOME Trump got smashed this morning! The craziest things you see in the morning!

A video posted by Kenn Parra (@kopusmellini) on

Please share this story on Facebook and let us know what you think should happen to this vandal.

Source: KTLA

 

Tags:


 

 

Send this to friend