EXCESSIVE WASTE! Obama’s Hawaiian Family Vacation Cost Taxpayers A SHOCKING $4.8 Million
Obama can't leave office soon enough. He is infamous for his golf outings and his families extravagant trips but all of that is nothing compared to the cost to taxpayers of his family vacation to Hawaii in 2015. His latest family vacation to Hawaii cost $4.8 million dollars. This is his eighth trip with his family to Hawaii and has become an annual event.
Obama and his families total cost for all their travel expenses while he's been in office is at least $85,029,819. This is just plain wrong and indefensible
The breakdown of the staggering costs is infuriating to any American. Well, any American that pays taxes.
More from Judicial Watch:
The records obtained by Judicial Watch for Obama’s Secret Service travel to Hawaii reveal the following expenses totaling $1,234,316.67:
- Hotel and lodging costs totaled $1,000,458.63
- The Secret Service spent $165,893.88 on car rentals.
- Air and rail expenses totaled $67,964.16.
Although the vacation officially lasted from December 18, 2015, to January 3, 2016, the Secret Service rented several Kailua homes for 19 nights, starting from December 16. The total for the rentals, located near the Marine Corps base at Kaneohe Bay was $245,993.12. According to bills obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Secret Service also paid for rooms at the Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki and Golf Club. The Secret Service also reserved rooms at the Moana Surfrider resort on Waikiki Beach, and the Ala Moana Hotel, which cost a total of $40,249.48 and $671,895.99, respectively.
The Secret Service rented cars from Avis, Alamo, and Hertz – 103 cars for the two-week vacation, totaling $165,893.88 in taxpayer money.
Reportedly, the Obamas stayed at the Hale Reena Estate, which “rents for anywhere between $5,000 to $10,000 a night, depending on the season.”
According to other news sources, the Obamas dined out frequently (and were guarded) at Hawaii’s finest restaurants:
- On Sunday, December 20, the Obamas had dinner at Morimoto, a celebrity chef-owned Asian-fusion restaurant,
- On Christmas Eve, they dined at MW Restaurant in Honolulu,
- On December 27, the first family took their dinner at “one of Hawaii’s finest restaurants,” Hoku’s at the Kahala Hotel and Resort,
- The next day, the Obamas dined at Alan Wong’s with friends,
- And on New Year’s Day, the Obamas dined at Halekulani, billed as one of the “top restaurants on Oahu.”
The president played seven rounds of golf, went hiking and snorkeling.
SHARE this on Facebook if you think the American people deserves to know just how much Obama is squandering their hard-earned tax money.