These 9 Massive Political Figures Just Changed The Game For Trump
Donald Trump now has the support of nine chairmen of the following House committees:
- Steve Chabot, Ohio (Small Business),
- Michael Conaway, Texas (Agriculture),
- Jeb Hensarling, Texas (Financial Services),
- Candice Miller, Michigan (House Administration),
- Jeff Miller, Florida (Veterans’ Affairs),
- Tom Price, Georgia (Budget),
- Pete Sessions, Texas (Rules),
- Bill Shuster, Pennsylvania (Transportation and Infrastructure), and
- Lamar Smith, Texas (Science, Space and Technology).
“It is paramount that we coalesce around the Republican nominee, Mr. Donald J. Trump, and maintain control of both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate,” the gang-of-nine put out in written statement.
Trump is proving himself to be the wheeler deal-making expert he says he is. This endorsement came on the heels of Trump’s meeting with Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan.
Whether the two have anything to do with one another is unclear.
The Republican Party is fractured and it is possible these nine people are going their own way.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 12, 2016
Let’s hope they are listening to their constituents and not going off the rails as the GOP seems to be doing of late.
Considering this is the same GOP whose mission was to destroy Trump after it became clear his candidacy was not a joke, this is a pretty extraordinary development.
Now, Mr. Trump needs to work on uniting the rest of us, because it is we who will decide the next presidency, and not the GOP.
Source: Conservative Tribune