3426743626

From TheHill.com

All Los Angeles Unified School District campuses were closed on Tuesday morning after a broad bomb threat was made against multiple unspecified schools.

Officials said during a hastily arranged news conference that the nation’s second largest school district was closed out of "an abundance of caution" after an "electronic threat" was received targeting multiple schools.
Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Jorge Villegas said authorities were in the "process of vetting" the threat to establish "what, if any, validity it has."

“I can’t take a chance,” school district Superintendent Ramon Cortines told reporters.

School facilities were in the process of being searched, he said, adding that schools would remain closed until they had been certified safe.

“I am not taking the chance of bringing children anyplace, into any part of the building, until I know that it is safe,” Cortines said.

The FBI has been notified and is assisting the L.A. school district, a spokeswoman said.

Watch the LiveStream here.

 

 

 

Send this to friend