Free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick can't catch a career break these days much less throw a football for the NFL.

It's his own fault. Kaepernick refused to stand for the national anthem back in 2016 and now many of his erstwhile fans can't stand the sight of him.

He's radioactive from a business and public relations standpoint. Pure pigskin kryptonite.

The Baltimore Ravens balked at signing him on. Then Kaepernick's girlfriend stuck her nose in his business and posted an insulting image of Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti on Twitter to express her outrage.

The Miami Dolphins also would prefer to steer clear of political lightning rod Kaepernick.

On Monday, the Dolphins announced that briefly retired Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has agreed to sign a $10 million one-year deal after starting QB Ryan Tannehill suffered a serious knee injury and remains sidelined. Cutler's contract includes perks worth $3 million.

"The desperate signing by the Dolphins also means that Colin Kaepernick's chances of mounting a comeback as a QB in the NFL are increasingly long," wrote Jason Howerton in Independent Journal Review. "The Dolphins were reportedly looking at Kaepernick as a possible replacement for Tannehill but clearly ended up deciding against it. Plus, many Miami fans probably wouldn't have been thrilled with the signing given that Kaepernick also once wore a pro-Fidel Castro t-shirt."

Kaepernick is probably kicking himself in his own ass right about now wondering how a washed-up QB like Cutler got the edge over the former San Francisco 49ers star.

Kaepernick's fans are wondering also.

"The dry, crumbling husk of Jay Cutler gets a job, but Kaepernick remains unemployed," tweeted Bill Shea.

As if things couldn't get any worse for old Number 7, a WTHR Facebook poll of nearly 20,000 respondents showed that 70.6 percent don’t want Kaepernick to play for the Indianapolis Colts. The other 29.4 percent said he should be signed.

The common theme among respondents: "If they bring him here, I’ll never go to a Colts game again," WTHR reported.

Kaepernick put racial politics ahead of professional football and the blowback has been more than he bargained for.

You play, you pay.

Do you think Colin Kaepernick is too controversial politically for any NFL team to consider signing him on? Tell us what you think of Kaepernick's career prospects in the comment section below.

Source: WTHR

 
Facebook Comment
 
 
 
JOIN U.S. HERALD Subscribe for FREE today and find out what's REALLY happening in America!

Send this to a friend