14 Incredible Ways To Say Thank You To A Soldier As Shown By The POTUS Who Was A Master
We have no doubt witnessed either through nightly news telecasts or within the pages of countless newspapers and publications, how President George Bush acknowledges the military, his example of how a Commander-in-Chief should behave in the presence of those you’ve sacrificed so much should be the standard for all who follow.
The following was compiled at Buzzfeed in an article titled “How to thank a soldier, by George W. Bush”.
1. Look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake. No one appreciates a firm handshake more than a soldier.
2. If they prefer not to shake hands……
then a chest bump will do.
Just make sure you do duck-face afterward so they can laugh at you.
3. Admire their medals. They were hard-earned.
4. Always treat their families with great respect. They have been through more than you could imagine.
5. Laugh with them! Laughter is a medicine that works 102% of the time.
6. Sometimes it’s important that you treat a soldier the way you would treat anyone else.
7. If you know a soldier, call them on the 4th of July.
8. Or you can Skype them.
9. Each soldier has an amazing story.
10. Listen. Listening is often the best gift you can give someone.
11. Give them a hug!
12. Do a sport with them.
13. Make sure you are respectful.
14. But if you only have a minute, look them square in the eye… And say, “Thank you.”